Thursday 10 February 2011

Thy Blackened Soul

Thy blackened soul, it reaches out
Trying to break free this hellish night
Demons screaming with a banshee shout
Attempting to drag you from the light

I know who you are, hidden in mortal form
The rage of your darkness, forever screaming
Your eyes betraying your devilish storm
Taking away those that need hope in dreaming

So here you are, for you are coming for me
I was a fool to believe I could make this deal
Now the lowest part of Hell awaits for my misery
You have no heart, it is impossible for you to feel

Thy blackened soul,comes to seal my fate
And those hellish hounds come baying
To beat the Devil, before it becomes too late
Because in those lower regions, forever staying

 


copyright Chris Smith 2011

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this, the mixture of the dark imagery and the well controlled verse works well together.

    ReplyDelete