Wednesday 23 February 2011

I Am A Broken Man

I am a broken Man
Made of glass, shattered
Pieces of myself found
Like smashed rain drops
Adorning this dusty floor

Do you believe a man can cry?
Weeping of the love he lost
That his soul, now forever damned
Could not take that needed step
To take him in the right direction

That man is a dark, fallen fool
I am he, who fell hard from grace
Never able to find that moment
That passing second, all I needed
But my pitied pride kept me back

So the heart aches, no more say I
Leave me suffering with my demons
Let the broken shards lie where they are
That which once contained true love
That I carelessly dropped from my hands


copyright Chris Smith 2011

1 comment:

  1. I think this might just be my favorite of yours :-)For the moment, until the next one.

    ReplyDelete