Friday 5 November 2010

Before

Before you came into my life

Nothing was how it should be

It was like cutting me with a knife

And taking my heart from me





Everything was always the same

My life was just spinning around

I was fighting just to keep sane

And not falling to the ground





No one was there to pick me up

They only wanted to knock me down

I felt I had had enough

In my troubles I could drown





I did not know what to do

I was alone with nowhere to go

I had no one to turn to

No one who wanted to know





My image had no reflection

I had no purpose to carry on living

Everyone was giving me rejection

People only taking and not giving





But then I found you

And the past faded into nowhere

My life was given something to do

Because my life now has you there

 



copyright Chris Smith 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment