Monday 22 November 2010

I see

I see the dancing of a blood sky

Reaching out to grab this land

I see the lonely bird flying by

Wings outstretched with no place



I see a solitude man standing at a corner

He once fought for a forgotten country

I see him still believing in his honour

Not seeing that people no longer see a hero



I see all the hope that has been now cast aside

Mounting on a heap that has no longer any choice

I see a World that turns blind eyes that are open wide

Not looking at the twisted darkness that comes creeping



I see the words that are written and are going unheard

For nobody wants to know they are always out there

I see the things we know that we really should

But we just try to ignore it and hope it will fade away

 




copyright Chris Smith 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment