Tuesday 23 November 2010

In Summer, I Am In Winter Still

The sun shines and the children play

The heat radiates from the passing day

Under a old Rowan tree I find shade

But this love I have can never fade

For in Summer, I am in Winter still



She has gone, I see the wide blue sky

Not even a cloud is there floating by

She is away from me, in a land so far

And on a day like this I wonder how you are

For in Summer, I am in Winter still



In the cool river I witness dogs that swim

I see butterflies floating only on a whim

And even I know, to enjoy this day I should

I could not stop feeling this hurt, even if I could

For in Summer, I am in Winter still



So enjoy your day, I am alone on a sandy beach

She is just across the water, out of my reach

I look up now and I see a sea gull cry

To be in her arms right now, I would gladly try

But in Summer, I am in Winter still

 





copyright Chris Smith 2009

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a sad one, but it's so beautifully done babes xxxx

    ReplyDelete