Friday 3 December 2010

Standing Here

If you ever saw me standing here

I wonder what would you say

Would you come close, be near

Or would you turn and walk away



If I tried to talk to you

Would you listen to me

I wonder what you would do

Would my words just be empty



Could you ever show me love, somehow

Or would there be broken promises made

Could you be my friend and lover now

Or would you worry my looks would fade



If I read you poetry, would you think me mad

Told you stories from the greatest tales

Would you be happy with what we had

Or is this another relationship that fails



Can you understand me with what I utter

Do these words make you understand

Or do they become another empty mutter

Cast away just like a grain of sand

 



copyright Chris Smith 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment