Tuesday 16 November 2010

Dream The Day Away

Close my eyes to sleep

Then I am sleeping deep

I have no words to say

So I will dream the day away



Dream of a World of peace

Where all war will cease

Where no killing takes place

With no discrimination against race



No child will ever starve

Everyone has food to carve

No famine is out there

Everyone is treated fair



Never crimes saved on tape

No woman will ever face rape

No drunkard fist to feel

No one will ever steal



No dog or cat is rejected

No illegal drugs are injected

Dreaming of only harmony

Never fear of any harm to me



But when I awake from my dream

The world will still silently scream

Of a dream that can not be true

No real dreams for me and you

 


copyright Chris Smith 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment