Thursday 18 November 2010

Friend

When I could not find the strength
To carry my weight, feeling a burden
Ready to fall on to my knees
Grasping at the ground, ready to crawl
You came to me, you found me in the dark
You lifted me up and carried me home
Your shoulders straining, but you never let me fall
And for that I will always give you my last
Share with you my food when you have none
Write the poetry that you always cherish to read
I thank you for being there when I needed you the most
I bless you for still being there when I need you more
Your eyes are the mirrors of a true comrade in arms
You are more than just my friend, you are my brother
You are more than just a friend, you are my sister
And for that, this poet loves you as my family, my friends

 



copyright Chris Smith 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment