Friday 19 November 2010

Grampy Abe

I have forgiven my own attackers

Forgiven the one who cheated on me

Even though she told me to kill myself

That no one would come to love my scars



I battled long against my depression

Won some battles, some I have lost

The years have never been easy

Hatred could easily had swallowed me



I was molded by those now gone

A grandfather I loved with respect

He was not my true one by blood

He was a black African and he was proud



And Grampy, today I am missing you

You taught me who I would come to be

Some would only see you as a black man

My eyes only see you with pride



Abraham Rachid, your soul is always near

I feel you when I am needing you most

I reach out and I touch your spirit

Your soul always helps me to stand tall

 



copyright Chris Smith 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment