Monday 6 December 2010

The Last Time

I remember the last time I saw you
As I watched the tears on your face
You watched me as I left out of the blue
Because I had to go home to another place

Last year seems to be an Eternity away
So long ago since I held you close to me
It was so long ago, I remember it like yesterday
If only we could live that moment again, endlessly

On the phone, it is good to hear your voice
Knowing I can make you laugh, I can make you smile
Just to spend one second with you, given the choice
If only I could cross this sea, to walk the never ending mile

Who could ever know that love hurt like this
To yearn for the embrace of your womans'  heart
To cry unseen tears for the one you miss
To feel the emptiness whenever you are apart

So I am counting those hours when I can be with you
Counting those seconds when I can hold you again
Counting my blessings when that moment comes true
Let the time fly away past, when we can be together then

 



copyright Chris Smith 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment