Saturday 11 December 2010

When There Was No Hope You Came To Me

Too many troubles build and stack

So many things all seem to be black

In those dark places I have been

All too many horrors my eyes have seen



Once upon a time, my words were born in fire

Written of that suffering I would feel

Then of so many problems I began to tire

I never allowed this soul of mine to heal



Drifted from one thing to the other

Took a drink then I would take another

I looked in the mirror for someone to blame

And only my reflection would feel that shame



So then I took out my pen to begin to write

Wrote down all those words that caused this sorrow

I would sleep and then read them when came the light

But I was always just looking for another hopeless tomorrow



Thought I would utter too many unheard screams

Thought I would have to face too many broken dreams

I never knew where all this would ever end

But then I saw you, you were there, my friend



You came and lifted me up, and you gave me back hope

You showed me love, something I never would have guessed

You touched my soul, and you helped me to cope

You came to me in my hour of need, now I am eternally blessed

 

copyright Chris Smith 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment